METRO MANILA | Wai Ying Fastfood in Binondo

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Wanton Mami at Wai Ying Fastfood in Binondo

Said to be one of the best dimsum places this side of Manila; Wai Ying Fastfood was our lunch destination after chasing the dragons of the Chinese New Year in Binondo.

Basically, the restaurant is an air-conditioned hole in the wall along Benavidez Street. The place had a very utilitarian interior and feel; plain blue-painted walls, vinyl tile floors,  plastic orocan Wai Ying Fastfood Storefrontchairs and formica-clad tables. It’s as simple as an eatery can get.

What we came here though was really not the ambience but the food. Unfortunately since I really had no idea that the restaurant’s specialty was dimsum, prior to writing this, I did not order any.

What I had were their Wanton Mami (Php95.00) and Fried Lumpia (Php55.00), which really wasn’t a bad choice at all too.

Their steaming mami (noodle soup) was quite excellent and serving size was almost good for two; their lumpia (fried spring rolls), was definitely one of the better ones I’d had in a long while.

My companion ordered their Soy Chicken, it looked delicious but I was unable to have a taste, he had it all for himself, lol.

I’ve read that their milk tea was also legendary, but alas, I also did not know that then, settling for a bottle of soda instead. I know, I’m the most best-in-research foodie out there, haha.

With all the excellent dishes I missed during our lunch at Wai Ying, a second visit to Binondo or at Divisoria’s many tiangge, even if only to eat here again is certainly in the works.

Second Floor of Wai Ying in Binondo Wai Ying Fried Lumpia in Binondo
Wai Ying Soy Chicken in Binondo

 

Click to view location on Google Maps Click to Enlarge Wai Ying Menu

Wai Ying Fastfood
Addess: 927 Benavidez Street, Binondo, Manila
Open Hours: Everyday 10:30AM - 2:00AM
Contact number: (02) 245-4603

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. bat puro pagkain tong mga nababasa kong blog entries? wahahaha. just went to pusang-kalye's site tas eto pa! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this, now I know what to order at Wai Ying. Is this a continuation of your food tour in Silay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ed
    Haha thanks for visiting Ed

    Claire
    Nope, this is from the Chinese New Year in Manila. =)

    Aldous
    Yup! Kain na sa may kanto! =P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been eating here since my college days. We've skipped class just to taste their wonderfuls shomai. I think wai ying has the best tasting shomai in the Philippines.. haha. and yes the Milk tea is legendary.. haha.

    ReplyDelete