CAVITE | Corregidor’s La Playa Restaurant

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Al Fresco at Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant

Exploring Corregidor’s topside and absorbing in all those history lessons can take quite a toll on one’s stomach, so it was good that right after the Malinta Tunnel’s Light and Sound Show, it was finally time for Buffet Lunch, Paella, Chicken and Roast Beef at Corregidor's La Playa Restaurantsome chow.
 
The banquet was held at La Playa, the only restaurant inside the lone hotel in Corregidor. Its airy interiors looked quite inviting; rattan furniture lined up the halls, backdropped against it were antique looking tiled floorings and white walls offset with dark wood trimmings.


Diners have the option of eating inside or have their meals al fresco at the balconies surrounding the main dining area. I chose al fresco of course; don’t wanna waste the nice view of Manila bay’s sparkling waters outside.

The buffet, which is included with the daytour package, consists of seafood paella, buttered veggies, roast beef, steamed rice, a chicken dish and mushroom soup. There was also a desserts table, which was filled up with fruits, and a salad bar.
Chicken Pork Adobo at Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant
The food tasted okay, nothing to really write home about. I only made one trip to the buffet table, as I needed to check out the hotel’s rooms. I wanted to see if they look creepy, as that would be my deciding point if I was to do an overnighter alone at the island. The one they showed me looked sunny enough, and I eventually made my payment for an overnight stay.

Since there was no other place to eat at Corregidor (or so I thought, apparently, there’s also the MacArthur Cafe near the docks), I also had my dinner and next day lunch at the La Playa.
For dinner, I ordered their chicken and pork adobo (Php220.00), which was quite good. The chicken meat was very tender, although the pork was not as tender as I would have preferred. Flavor was strong, which was just right for my taste.

I also got to try out their southwestern fried chicken (P240.00) for my lunch the next day. Very crispy outside, juicy meat inside,Southwestern Fried Chicken at Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant the taste was spot on. Only thing though was that they only have ketchup to serve it with, would have preferred to have gravy with my chicken. The dish comes with veggies on the sides and steamed white rice.
 
Their price looks a bit steep at first glance, but the serving size really does justice to it. Both meals were good for two individuals. The resto’s service was okay, but not really outstanding. I had to stand up from my table not once just to call a waiter. The staff was friendly enough though, even offering stories and tips as to where to go on the island.

Considering that there really isn’t much of an option for those staying in Corregidor when it comes to places to eat out in, La Playa despite its monopoly over the island, actually delivers quite well.

The Interiors of Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant
Quaint Interiors at Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant The Salad Bar at Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant La Playa's Balcony at Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant

Corregidor Sun Cruises Tour
02-5275555 | 02-8346857
corregidortours@suncruises.com.ph
www.corregidorphilippines.com
Day Tour (round trip ferry with buffet lunch) | P1,999.00 per person
Overnight Package (roundtrip ferry, 1 buffet lunch, 1 night stay at Corregidor Inn) | P2,880.00 per person
Check their website for more detailed rates for group packages
Corregidor's La Playa Restaurant Menu
Click to Enlarge La Playa’s Menu


Follow my 2010 Corregidor Series

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. nice place!

    parang masarap mag kape dito sa gabi a :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lestat
    Yuff! Perfect for a cup of coffee at night! =]

    ReplyDelete